Recipe:My yummy gluten free very rich chocolate cake for my spoiled brats!
200 grams dark chocolate 70- 85% cocoa
200 dairy free butter ( i used pure)
3 free range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g caster sugar
100g gluten free self raising flour
100g ground almonds
200 g fresh raw beetroot( grated)
1) break the chocolate into pieces. Put in a large bowl with the butter and stand it above a pan of shimmering water. leave to melt, stirring constantly. allow to cool slightly.
2) preheat the oven to 180 c/ 160c. gas 4. in a bowl beat together the eggs, vanilla extract and suger. whisk in the chocolate mixture, then gently fold in the flour and beetroot.
3) spoon the mixture into a 20 cm round tin and bake 40- 45 minutes. cool and remove.
icing: 180-200 grams dark chocolates( 70 -85 % cocoa)
200 ml double cream
1) break the chocolate into pieces. Put in a saucepan with the double cream and heat gently until chocolate had melted. cool slight
2) whisk until thicker then cool in the fridge for one hour. then spread over the cake using a palette knife.